Greetings everyone. As previously mentioned in the moderation announcement a little over a week ago, I thought it necessary for the community to discuss their thoughts on the current guidelines here on discussions and, possibly, how to change them. Something I would like to establish before this begins is that the inclusion of Fandom ToU guidelines is non-negotiable. These include prohibiting hate speech, bullying, impersonation, etc and must be followed by all wiki communities.
If you have any suggestions for ways a guideline may be changed, or something that should be added, please comment here. Please also justify your suggestion; explain why it makes sense and might be beneficial to the community. You can also debate what other users have suggested, if you see something wrong with it or believe it could be handled in a different way.
1. Be nice and treat people with respect. Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions.
2. Threads and posts that solicit upvotes will be deleted.
3. Off-topic conversations will be deleted.
4. Impersonation of other users or famous people will not be tolerated. If you have been banned and return on a new account, your posts will be deleted and your new account(s) will be banned.
5. Spamming, trolling, or vandalizing of any kind will be deleted and will lead to your account being banned.
6. Ask for help. Notice something that doesn't seem right? Or do you just have a question? Contact Wikia staff through "Give feedback" on the Settings screen.
•Merge guidelines 3 and 5. These are similar enough in meaning and concept to become a single merged guideline.
•Introduce an "off-topic thread" where discussion unrelated to beer is allowed (other guidelines still apply). Off-topic conversations remain prohibited elsewhere on Discussions and will be deleted as spam.
I should also note that we have our first local Discussions Moderator, Rhino Schneider the III! Originally this discussion would have come after dmod decisions were made, but after speaking with global dmods it was decided to hold off on selecting any other users for the position for a bit.